Monday, March 7, 2011

It wasn't me....

No really.  If you see my son doing anything other than acting perfect, I blame Lauren.  My sister (commonly referred to on this blog as "Auntie Lolo") and Harrison share mutual feelings for each other.  The best word to sum up these feelings is probably obsessed.  Since the moment Harrison was born, Lauren has made herself irreplaceable to Harrison.  She spoils him with attention, silly quirky behaviors, gifts, and most importantly her love.  This child (literally) lights up when he sees her.  Most of you might think this is precious and it is.  It really really is, but I will be honest...sometimes I get jealous.  Ask anyone in our family.  We all want what Lolo has.  And if I am going to be real with you, I am dreading the day he tells me he would rather live with her.  It is amazing to watch their bond, it makes my heart smile.  And I LOVE every minute she spends with us.  We are so lucky to have her in our lives. 

With that said, let me share with you some of the gems she has taught my son:
  • Fake burping (and thinking the sound of any burp is hysterical)
  • Arm pit farting
  • Slurping up spaghetti
  • Sucking his fingers clean after eating
  • Making gulping noises while he drinks
I know there is so much more, but these are the current behaviors I am now working to break.  I say all of this with a huge grin on my face.  She has taught him so many wonderful things as well, but for the purpose of this blog, I am choosing to share only the "not-so-pretty".  And Lauren, I know you are reading this  :)  Know how much we love you, and how much I appreciate every single thing you do for us.  Harrison is one lucky little boy!!