Friday, September 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Harrison


Oh, my sweet boy.  I can not believe you are TWO!  These two years have flown by, yet at the same time it seems like you have always been a part of my life.  You bless me with cheesy grins, precious bear hugs, and silly laughs on a daily basis.  You bring so much joy to my life.  Daddy and I love to sit back and just watch you.  You are learning like crazy these days.  Right now I am trying to teach you your letters and numbers.  You can identify H, O, B, and R.  You know how to say your name (and every time you tell a stranger, they all say the same thing..."Well that's a big name for a little boy".) and you tell them you are two.  Your speech has taken off in the last two months and you are talking in 3 and 4 word sentences (sometimes decipherable by only yours truly, but decipherable nonetheless).  You now have an imagination and you use that imagination when you play by yourself and with others.  You are quite creative!  You love to play with others, but mommy is having to teach you how to play with little girls (for some reason you like to kiss them....Seriously? Already?!?)  You walk around church on Sunday mornings and shake hands with everyone you can.  You are totally an attention hog and a little entertainer.  Your independence grows on a daily basis, but at the end of the day you still like to be held and to twirl my hair.  You enjoy bath time way too much.  I made up a special song for when we brush your teeth and you love it.  You will do anything if there is music involved.  A couple of your favorite songs right now are Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and This little light of mine.  Unless you are really tired, you listen very well and sometimes surprise me by how much you understand.  You love your sister and take care of her by rocking her, covering her with blankets, burping her, and getting me when she cries.  You are so easy going and cooperative.  You are constantly smiling and are always getting compliments on how happy you are.  But what I love the most is that you are a very loving child.

Things I don't want to forget:
Instead of saying I want, you say "I see"
You call trucks "dutch"
You point out trucks and jeeps when we are in the car
You ramble and tell HUGE stories even though not much is understandable and it sounds Chinese
You like to play pretend and put mommy and daddy down for a nap
You say Dey instead of Yay
You love to give other kids hugs
You like to drink coffee (I let you try it once thinking you wouldn't like it, but you loved it)
You call water "a-gone-gone" and a drink "gink"
You play very well by yourself, and I am so thankful for that while I nurse Harper
You already know how to work my iPhone
When other kids are around, you refer to Harper as "My Baby"
You know how to work the vacuum and dust buster!
You sleep from 10pm to 9 am and take a 2-3 hour nap
You are a good eater and not picky at all!!
Your treats are Popsicles and gummies
You have an adorable under bite, but I hope you grow out of it
You like being scared
Your laugh is so contagious
One week old

One Year Old

Two Years Old