Thursday, November 10, 2011

Harper 5 Months


Harper is 5 months old and I can not believe how fast time is going by.  My little girl is now sitting up (with lots of support) and rocking back and forth on her hands and knees.  She can roll anywhere her little heart desires.  She has started solid foods and is loving every bite!!  She has the most pleasant little disposition and is a total joy (unless it is past feeding time :).  She is changing on a daily basis, but one thing remains the same....the child is a chunk.  I love her little rolls.  Every single one of them!  She is wearing 6-9 month clothes and filling them out very nicely.  We may very soon graduate to 9-12!  At her last doctor's appointment (at 4 months) she weighed in at an even 16 pounds.  Needless to say, she is a healthy girl!  She is still a great sleeper, although I think she may be teething so I am not sure how long my luck will last.  To say the little girl adores her big brother is an understatement.  I think she may crawl a lot earlier than her brother just so that she can try and keep up with him.  She has a contagious laugh and her smile can melt the coldest of hearts....At least in my opinion :)  She gives her daddy squeals and drooly smiles, but I have to say right now she is a momma's girl.  I love how she loves me to cuddle her, sing to her, and make faces at her.  Nursing has gotten a little difficult as she likes to take her time and smile at me.  At times I soak it in and smile back, talking all kinds sweet talk to her.  But I'm not goingn to lie, there are times when I have so much to do that I just want to feed her and move on to the next chore.  I know that in a few months, I will miss those little moments, so I am working on my attitude and trying to soak in each moment.  Like her brother, she loves momma's hair.  I know it sounds obsessive (and maybe I am), but I miss her when she is not with me.  She absolutely makes my life feel complete.  She is perfect.