Wednesday, February 1, 2012

7 Months of Harper Love

Since Harper is now 8 months old, it is only appropriate that I post about month 7 before it is really too late.....



My little Love has more personality than I can even describe.  She has the sweetest temperament and is always one big chunky smile.  I can not even tell you how much that drooly grin melts my heart.  During month 7 she definitely became a momma's girl.  Every week for the past month, I have been called out of church for my sweet bambino.  As soon as she sees me walk in the room, she stops crying, smiles, pants like a dog, and jumps up and down with excitement.  She is not hungry, tired, or dirty....she simply wants me.  And I would be lying if I said it didn't make me the slightest bit happy when I see how excited she gets to see me :) 


The first several months of her life she was a total rock star when it came to sleep....the last couple months have been a real challenge.  Month 7 was the hardest by far sleep wise.  To be honest, she slept more as a new born than she did this month.  I kept blaming it on teething but one month later and no pearly whites.  (Knock on wood) She has slept through the night for the last two nights and I am hoping that is a chapter we will not revisit.  Momma likes her sleep! 



We have begun the weaning process, which has not phased Harper.  She takes a bottle like a pro and does not seem to mind formula either.  And that leads me to Harper's other love...food!  She is the best little eater going (if you couldn't already tell from the pictures!).  She is not a fan of baby food, but if hungry enough she will eat it mixed with some rice or oatmeal.  What this child likes is finger foods.  Holy Moly she loves it.  I started giving her some little bites on Christmas Day and she has been enjoying them ever since.  Her favorites include bananas, blueberries, peas, squash and sweet potatoes.  Harper started crawling at six months but truly mastered the skill in month 7.  She also mastered pulling herself up and has begun the cruising stage.  I just can not believe how fast she is growing up!



Here are 7 awesome things about 7 months:

  1. Baby girls is FINALLY starting to grow some hair!
  2. Bath time is a blast since she loves splashing around with Harrison
  3. She started saying "Hi" "Momma" and "Dadda"!
  4. She claps
  5. She bounces up and down in an effort to dance
  6. When she gets excited she pants like a dog (tongue out and all!)
  7. She sleeps with a blanket her great grandmother made (Thank you Grammy Smith!!).  It is a fleece blanket with "fringe" edges.  She loves to hold on to the edges and suck her thumb as she goes to sleep.