Saturday, January 26, 2013

Don't Worry

During our kitchen dance party today, Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry Be Happy" came on Pandora.  I love this song, it speaks to me.  See, I am a worrier.  I know that is a weakness of mine.  And one of the beautiful things about my marriage is that my sweet husband is not and he helps talk me down from the ledge on the regular.  I worry a lot.  About things that are out of my control.  Here is what Mr. McFerrin has to say about worrying..... 
 
"Here is a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy......"
 
Even though I have always loved this song, it struck me today that this song is also biblical. Seriously! 
 
In an effort to battle my worries, I have been memorizing Matthew 6:25-34
 
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


Sounds like ole Bobby was right!
 
And here is your daily dose of cuteness.....