Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Back from the dead?

Well, actually, we have been far from dead. In fact, my reason for not blogging has been because sometimes life is a little to busy to stay caught up. And if I am honest, I have not felt caught up for about 6 months now.

I have been sad about my lack of blogging for a couple of months now. But it was not until an email this morning from my Daddy that I decided to log into Blogger and fill you in.

As if life were not busy enough as it was, Matt and I decided to put our house on the Market on January 2nd. We found a home that we fell in love with. It was the perfect fit our family and we had a feeling that this "was THE house". We have been dreaming of this day since we found out about baby #2. We love our home, it has been the perfect starter home. But with only 3 bedrooms, no basement, no garage, 2 kids and 2 dogs, we have seriously out grown our space. We made an offer on the home under construction and the builder accepted! The offer was contingent, which meant we had to sell our house, stat.

It took 3 days to get the house show ready (painted baseboards, cleaned out closets, touched up walls, made the outside as appealing as it can in January).  That was a lot of work with two busy little bodies, but I knew the worst was ahead of us....keeping the house "show ready", packing up the kids and the dogs with each showing, ugh.  I was feeling very overwhelmed and it sounded awful.  We got our first showing 4 days later.  We were told he was very interested but never heard back.  I was feeling a bit anxious to sell since our dream home was on the line.  11 days after listing was my birthday (holy cow I am now 29!).  My birthday is a seriously special day, and it never fails that something MAJOR happens on my birthday. 

Four years ago on my birthday I heard Harrison's heart beat for the very first time.  Two years ago on January 13th, I found out we were adding a little girl to our growing family.  On 1-13-12 I received the perfect part time work from home job I could have imagined.  And this year....WE SOLD OUR HOUSE.  Yup.  I could  not make that up.  Best. Day. Ever.

My last couple days have been consumed with paint colors, hard wood, carpet, appliances, cabinets, light fixtures, tile, wall paper, pinterest....  I am exhausted, only when I climb in bed I can't sleep because I am thinking about our new house.  It is a very exciting, overwhelming, exhausting, emotional and EXCITING time.

I will post pictures soon of the house, but for now I will leave you with some pictures of the walking tornadoes that live in my house.

**** Just an FYI so you can get a visual of my morning. As I have typed this, Harrison has sat in his bean bag chair and watched Power Rangers. In the same 15 minutes, Harper has knocked over the trash can (she came running screaming "trash fall down" with her head covered by her arms), taken all of the cushions off of the couch, flushed the toilette twice, shut herself in a closet, tried to drink a non lit candle and then dropped it yelling "HAWT" (it was not hot), hid behinds the blinds and said "Hi mommy", ran to me holding her diaper saying "I poop again", tried to poor a glass of water on to Molly saying "want a drink Lolly?" leaving Molly and my couch wet, and climbed on the kitchen table screaming "STUCK" at the top of her lungs. To say she wears me out is the understatement of the day. She is crazy, and funny, and busy, and I have never met a kid with more personality. She is awesome, but she leaves me very little time to blog.


luvbnmom said...

Well congrats. We have been trying to sell for over a year.....bahhhhh. I am glad you will be getting your dream home, can't wait to see it! Good luck!

Tucker & Gracie's Mama said...

Glad you're back ;).
Love the pics of your lovies!!!