Thursday, July 14, 2011

Beginning of the end....

It is officially the beginning of the end of the stage of Harrison's life where he sleeps in a crib.  Much to the sadness of this momma, he is starting to show signs of being a little too agile and I worry he may soon figure out how to escape the confines of his comfy bed.  I knew this day would come, but I was naively hoping it was another year away.  Aside from the sentimental reasons for keeping him in his crib, there were practical reasons as well....like the fact that he could not escape!!!  Oh well, I think he may have a few more weeks, but it looks like we will soon be facing a major milestone!



3 comments:

Tucker's Mama said...

Well take lots and lots of notes on how you do it! Transitioning Tucker to a big boy bed is a milestone that I dread.... I'm worried my awesome sleeper will go away with the crib!

Susan said...

Our pediatrician suggested a baby gate for Andrew's room when he transitioned to a big-boy bed. Playing alone in a dark room wasn't much fun, so he soon decided to stay in bed where he was comfortable.

Jesse said...

i would second that baby gate rec. xander did great at first for a couple months but then realized he could come to our room. baby gate helps a TON. other than that, it was much easier than i had anticipated, he went straight to a twin and did fine!