Thursday, January 12, 2012
Celebrity Blogger Appearance for Danielle's 28th
1. Her genuine heart for people. This is to a fault, as she overcommits herself all the time. But she really just wants to help everyone and hates to say no.
2. Her ability to successfully stay home and raise Harrison and Harper. I love my kids, but I'm exhausted after a couple hours with them.
3. Three words: skinnytaste dot com.
4. This blog. Although I don't always show it, I really appreciate this because it will be something we can hold on to forever. Harrison and Harper will love it when they're older.
5. Her support for me with opening my own law practice.
6. That she falls asleep every night on the couch right next to me while I'm watching TV (probably ESPN). And yes, she is asleep there as I type this.
7. On a related note, her inability to comprehend what in the world is going on when I try to wake her up to get her to bed. It's a crap shoot whether or not I can even get her off the couch. She is a DEEP sleeper.
8. That she takes care of feeding Harper in the middle of the night so I don't have to get up :)
9. Ice cream trips
10. Her ecclectic taste in music. Taylor Swift, the Wicked soundtrack, Blink 182, Gospel, The Killers, Mariah Carey... all makes perfect sense together.
11. Her taste in decor. She really is a good decorater.
12. Her ability to balance multiple responsibilities. Raising kids, holding the house together, helping to watch another kid, working a part-time job from home, putting up with me...
13. Her love of animals. We would have 20 dogs right now if I didn't say no.
14. Her overambition. She's constantly dreaming big, but in a good way.
15. Letting me win all the time in Backgammon. Thinking that I cheat at Yahtzee.
16. Our mutual love for a good steak. We can only do it a couple times a year, but we absolutely LOVE Jeff Ruby's.
17. Her creative ideas throughout our house. Cork board inside the cabinets. Chalkboard in Harrison's room...
18. That she has a season pass to the zoo. Although I get jealous that I'm not there with them, I love it when she calls me and she's there with the kids.
19. Her relationship with my family. I think they like her more than me, but I probably would too.
20. Her family. I love the Lovejoy gang and happily call them my family as well, even though there is a TON of extended family I probably still haven't met.
21. Her ability to sleep anywhere. It's incredible.
22. The fact that she can sit in the sun all day and not burn. Lucky Harper. Poor Harrison. Got dad's genes.
23. Her devotion and involvement in our church. Christ Community shoutout!
24. That we've practically grown up together and pretty much have the same friends.
25. That she lets me act like an idiot while watching UK. Not saying she doesn't make fun of me, but she at least seems to tolerate it.
26. That she calls me multiple times throughout the day to just talk to me or let Harrison or Harper "talk" to me. That will never get old.
27. That she's managed to put up with me for almost half of her life. We met when she was 15. Crazy.
28. That she is the absolute perfect wife in every way, shape and form. I'm so blessed that she was born into this world and to be the one lucky enough to call her my wife. We've been together for 13 years and have so many memories together. I look forward to the next 13 and beyond and am so happy I get to spend my life with her and with our family.
Happy Birthday, Love.