Friday, April 23, 2010

Explaining my hiatus.....

So there isn't much to explain other than the fact that I have been extremely busy and much of my downtown has been spent exhausted on the couch trying to squeeze in a little r&r.  I absolutely love spring but it can also be a little overwhelming.  Suddenly there is gorgeous weather to be enjoyed, spring cleaning to be accomplished, yard work and other home projects that have had to wait for a little sunshine, and exercise so that the bathing suit and summer clothes don't seem so intimidating. 


Here is a quick update for the last 10 days:

Yardsales = Awesome Deals.  My sweet friend Lindsay and I got up at the crack of dawn last Saturday in an effort to sniff out amazing bargains.  I scored a brand new InStep jogging stroller for $30 and 2 pair of never-been-worn Clarks for $1 each!  Check out my finds.... 















Not everyone on craigslist is a murderer.  Matt decided it was time to sell his motorcycle so we turned to trusty Craigslist.  After several emails back and forth, a potential buyer asked if they could come out on Wednesday evening to which Matt agreed even though he was scheduled to referee a soccer game.  When he asked me if I could handle the sale my first thought was "My husband is leaving me alone with my baby and some psycho from craigslist".  To make a long story short, the buyers ended up being a sweet young couple.  I immediately clicked with the wife and by the of our meeting, I was asking them to buy the home for sale on our street.  Lesson learned: Give people the benefit of the doubt (not everyone on Craigslist is a murderer!).

Separation Anxiety = Mommy Insanity  As of four days ago, Harrison is now aware of every time I leave the room.  Can you sense my excitement?!?!?! 

Maintaining a house = A LOT OF WORK  Spring time always has me itching to complete a To Do List that has been slowly accumulating over the winter.  Even with a brand new home (it will be four years next week), the maintenance seems never ending.  Although it is a lot of work, you wont hear this happy homeowner complaining!

Boot Camp is kicking my booty!!  I am too tired to say anything else about it :)