Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Busy Little Bees

The last three weeks seem like a blur.  It all started with a bug.  Not a lightning bug being enjoyed on a warm summer night, not an adorable car that leaves you with a bruised shoulder, not the love bug that makes you feel like you can walk on clouds....this was a mean bad ugly bug.  I have since referred to this bug as "The Plague".  About three weeks ago poor Harrison was hit with a bug and the poor guy was out of order for about a week.  He then shared his bug with yours truly and my poor husband.  It was then shared with my mom and dad, Lauren, Chelsea, David, Sheena, Mike, Mimi, Uncle Gil, and Kean.  I felt horrible.  Before I knew he was carrying the plague, we went to dinner with David and Sheena. Once Matt and I got sick, my mom offered to help us out by taking care of Harrison.  In her efforts to help us out, Harrison was able to spread it to four more unsuspecting souls.  Sherri (my mother in law) kept Harrison the next afternoon so that I could rest and Harrison (being the good little sharer that he is) shared his bug again with Kean.  After four days I felt that Harrison was back to normal, but he apparently wanted to do a little more sharing with Mike, Mimi, and Uncle Gil at Mimi's Memorial Day pool party.  If any of you are reading this blog, I apologize.  I learned a very valuable lesson.  Children don't always want to share, but germs do not care!

What you have missed in the last three weeks:

Trip to Nolan Lake courtesy of the Petredis'.  Harrison had his first boat experience and we spent the day on Nolan Lake.  He wasn't to into the water.  He enjoyed napping on the boat instead.

Yard Work.  Somehow I found my way up a ladder power washing my entire house.  Oh the joys of owning a white house.  It shows everything and white homes are only pretty when they sparkle :)  I also stained my deck while Matt has been busy working on a shed!

Pool party at Mimi's.  (see paragraph about the plague).

I visited Clear Creek Elementary where I will be student teaching this fall.  I spent the day with Mrs Seigel and Mrs Watts which are the teachers I will be working with.  After spending the day with these lovely ladies, my nerves were calmed.  I am still anxious about leaving my precious baby boy but I keep reminding myself that this is only for 12 weeks and then I will return to being his constant companion :)

I made burlap covered cork boards (inspired by Rachel's basement).

Invasion of the ants.  Our kitchen was officially taken over by ants 2 weeks ago.  What a frustrating feeling to see ants everywhere and not know where they were coming from (Matt has since sprayed our foundation and eliminated our ant problem).  One funny memory was made from the siege however.  One day while playing on the kitchen floor, Harrison's attention was caught by an ant marching across the kitchen floor.  As he started to chase (crawling very slowly) the ant, he was distracted by a different ant.  I was doubled over laughing as I watched Harrison's head go back and forth as he decided which ant to follow.

Taylor's Birthday Cupcakes.  I surprised Taylor at her office with some cupcakes for her birthday.  They were pretty good :)

The Chicago Mini Marathon.  Not sure why, but I have signed myself up for torture.  I am not a runner, have never been and don't really plan on ever becoming one.  In an effort to challenge myself, I signed up for the Chicago mini in September.  I made it through boot camp, so surely I can make it through this....right?!?!

Sleepless in Simpsonville.  Harrison has had two random nights in the last three weeks in which he decided he did not need any (and I do mean ANY) sleep.  The first night he woke up at 2:30 and played until the sun came up around 6 in the morning.  About a week later he decided it was a great idea to stay awake until 4 am.  I am hoping this is not a trend.  So far this week, I have enjoyed my Zzzzs!

No comments: