Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

Wow, I am one very blessed little lady.  Yesterday was Father's Day and boy did I have a lot to celebrate.  I was so blessed to have this wonderful man as my Daddy.  I will say that his example as a father left some pretty high expectations on what I thought my future husband should do/be.  My dad has been one of the most influential people in my life.  I am who I am today because of his love for me.  He provided me with a life that full of loving encouragement.  He makes me laugh, encourages me, comforts me, and loves me.  He is also an amazing example of what a walk with Christ looks like.  Everyday growing up, I saw my dad on his knees praying, reading his Bible, and every Saturday night his Bible, books, and notes were scattered all over the dining room table as he prepared his Sunday School lesson.  So part of yesterday was spent celebrating him...my daddy.  He deserved it. 





Now, for the other amazing daddy in my life.  The daddy of my two precious babies.  As I stated above, the man I chose to have a family with had some pretty big shoes to fill....and this guy is proving to be more than up for the challenge.  My sweet husband is loving his role as a daddy and has made it possible for me to stay home with our children, and I will forever be grateful to him for that.  He is such a hands on father and I love watching him sing and dance with Harrison, read to him, build train tracks, race down the street, play in the sprinkler, or just snuggling with our babies.  He has also turned out to be one awesome diaper changer/bath giver :)   



Yes, I am one very blessed little lady!