Saturday, May 15, 2010

11 years and counting....


May 15, 1999

"So....you wanna make this official?"  That is the question that changed my life.  11 years ago today, an adorably blond boy asked me to be his girlfriend.  Without hesitating I said yes and then received a sweet peck on the lips...my first kiss.  It is hard to believe how that one moment changed my whole life, but then at the ripe old age of 15 I knew I was going to marry him.  From that moment on, it wasn't a matter of "if" I was going to marry him, it was a matter of "when".  Over the next several years he taught me how to drive (mom and dad, you know why), we went to prom, I went to hundreds of soccer games, we purchased promise rings, he taught my baby sister (she was 7 when we started dating) how to play soccer in our backyard, and we made many more precious memories.  While cleaning out a closet in preparation for turning our guest room into Harrison's room, I found a box of letters that we had written each other in high school.  I sat on the floor (with my big prego belly) and cried as I read some of those letters.  I realized that everything I wished for as a 16 year old girl had come true.   

Thank you, Matt, for making all my dreams come true!


August 13, 2005

October 26, 2009