Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Mother's Day (just a few days late)

I have been really bad about blogging lately and I blame it on Harper :) Any downtime I have, I am laying on the couch soaking in the relaxation, and that my friends is no exaggeration. Lucky for me, I have one super cuddly little boy who thinks I am laying on the couch just to get cozy with him (and no one tell him otherwise). I had taken a two week break in blogging due to this laziness and now I am trying to catch up. Even though Mother's Day was Sunday, I think it is important enough to revisit! So here it is.....


Proverbs 31: 28-31

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."

I have been blessed with a mother that not only loved me and nurtured me, but also one who taught me what is means to be a Godly woman, wife, and mother and for this I am forever grateful. I have always loved my mother, but now that I am learning what it means to be a mother myself, my respect and appreciation for her has grown by leaps and bounds. Being a loving wife and a patient mother is not always as easy as it should be and I am so thankful to have the wisdom of my mother at my disposal. When I start to doubt myself, I call my mom. When I have questions about my child's health, I call my mom. When I want to cook a delicious meal, I call my mom. When I just want to talk about my day, I call my mom. I know that every one thinks their mom is amazing....but mine really is :) I am so thankful to have this precious woman in my life. Even though I am 27 with a family and home of my own, she is still willing to take the time to teach and love me as if I were 4 all over again.

I will never be able to repay her for what she has done for me, but I think it would make her pretty proud if I can provide my children with the same love and support that she did.  Those are some pretty big shoes to fill, but I will give it my best!!!