Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Best Friends

Today Harrison was playing in the bathtub after a long day of exploring in our back yard.  It was going to take more than a quick bath to clean up this little boy.  He had mud between his toes and under his finger nails.  In an effort to let the dirt work it's way out, I let my boy play in the tub until his fingers and toes resembled raisins. At one point he was being so quiet I decided to spy on him through the crack in the door.  She was singing his ABCs and playing with some squirt toys.  My heart was smiling as I watched him play and then he did something that I will never forget.  He prayed.  All by himself.  No one prompted him.  No one was there to make sure his head was bowed or his little hands were folded.  But he did it....perfectly.  He bowed his head, folded his precious hands together and said (and this is verbatim)

"Dear Jesus, I see Walker and Warren soon please?  Jesus name. Aaaaamen"


I wasn't sure if I should sit and cry because I was so proud or go in there and let him know I was spying on him and that I was proud of him....I chose the latter.  I then called Aunt Rachie and told her that my son just prayed that he could see her babies.  Needless to say we have a playdate scheduled :)
Here are the little BFFS...