My husband understands my love for music, and decided to hook up some speakers in the kitchen since that is where I spend the majority of my day. Through these speakers, I listen to Pandora ALL day every day but I have specific stations for different parts of my day. For example, I start my mornings with some coffee and Hillsong. I love this station and think it is the perfect way to start any day. Later in the morning I turn on a little Glee or Bruno Marrs (this is where our daily kitchen dance parties come in). Housework is done to Jack Johnson or Lenka. Dinner is prepared to some Big Band (mainly Frank) and I wind down with some Civil Wars, John Mayer or Adele.
I started thinking about if my life had a soundtrack what would it sound like? It would have to be a bit eclectic since that is how I would categorize my taste in music. So, like I do with everything else in my life I started a list. As I thought of songs that would make the cut to my soundtrack, I wrote them down. After a month or two I felt like I had a good selection.
So here it is....My Life's Soundtrack:
- Happy - Never Shout Never
- You and I - Ingrid Michealson
- Get Down - Audio Adrenaline
- Better Together - Jack Johnson
- What Can I Do - Joy Williams
- Good Life - One Republic
- Jingle Bells
- Count On Me - Bruno Marrs
- My Shadow and Me - Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr
- Where Is The Love - Black Eyed Peas
- You Are My Sunshine
- Somewhere In Brooklyn - Bruno Marrs
- He's Got The Whole World
- My Old Kentucky Home
- The Kentucky Fight Song
- Secret Crowds - Angels and Airwaves
- Lucky - Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
1. It is all in the title. Yup, this song will make you happy!! Harrison LOVES to sing along and knows almost all of the words! We listen to it daily, dance, and sing along with the Oooo Oooos.
2. This song is a hands down favorite and one that can pull me out of a slump on any day. I love to belt this tune out, stomp my feet and clap my hands along with it. The ending to the song is so much fun!
3. This is a favorite from high school and now I get to sing it with my precious babies. I think they like it as much as I do!
4. Just a good lovey dovey song :)
5. I recently blogged about my love of this song. Seriously, I am obsessed.
6. I'm sure this must be a favorite of yours too...Who doesn't love this song??
7. Sweet Harrison got a drum set for Christmas. I am not sure why, but the only song he thinks he can play on it is Jingle Bells (pronounced Jinkle Bells). It is a bit annoying to hear this song 10 times a day, but in all honesty, it is so precious I can't bring myself to tell him he can play other songs on his drums.
8. This is one of the first songs to make my and Harrison's daily dance parties. A classic in the Wade household :)
9. What is there not to love about this song? Maybe Harrison and I will dance together at his wedding to this song.
10. What playlist could be complete without a little Black Eyed Peas? There are too many fun songs of theirs to chose from. This is just a favorite of mine.
11. Just because I sing this to my loves every day.
12. This is a serious dance song in our house. We jump and spin and...well, just dance. Super fun song. I am usually out of breath and the kids laugh so hard they get the hiccups.
13. This is Harrison's favorite. He likes to add Harrison and Harper/Mommy and Daddy into the words. It is presh.
14. My eyes get a little teary every time I hear it, especially on Derby Day!
15. My Alma Mater. Plus it is March right now so this song is a MUST in our house before games.
16. I just love Angels and Airwaves. Makes me feel like I am in college again.
17. Just another great love song :)
I know there are soooo many more songs that I love, but that is a good condensed list. Now, you officially have a taste of the music I love.