Monday, March 15, 2010

6 months already!

Today my sweet boy is 6 months old!  It is hard to believe it has already been six months and in that short time, I now can't imagine my life without him.  I love him more than I ever thought possible.  I cherish every moment we have together and when he is sleeping I miss him.  Sometimes I sneak in his room and just watch him as he sleeps.  Watching him makes my heart smile.  In honor of his six month birthday, I thought I would share with you six of my most precious moments with Harrison.

1. The first time I saw him.  I was enduring the end of a cesarean in which my epidural had worn off, but once I saw that precious boy the pain was suddenly bearable.  I will never forget the first time I saw him he was sticking out his tongue.  Now at six months, Harrison always sticks his tongue out when he is excited.  I like to think that at that moment, when we met for the first time, he was showing me how excited he was.

2. Harrison sleeping on my chest.  For the first six weeks of Harrison's life, I slept with him every night.  I slept with him not because he needed me, but because I needed him.  His room (even his bassinet) was just too far away.  I know it goes against every rule out there, but I would not have traded a second of those treasured nights with my son. 

3. The first time he laughed.  The beginning of December was a very tough time for me.  My grandfather had a terrible accident and passed away after two very long weeks.  The day after my grandfather passed away,  I was sitting on the floor with Harrison and he laughed for me.  He knew how desperatey I needed his laughter!

4. Every morning he greets my with a smile.  I love mornings.  I would even consider myself a morning person.  It was such a treat to discover that my son is a morning person as well.  Every morning after he wakes, he lies in his crib and talks (I like to think he is saying his prayers).  Once I go into his room, I am greeted with a huge smile.  How could anyone have a bad day with a start like that!

5. He coughs for my attention.  About two months ago I had Harrison in his bouncy seat as I was getting dressed.  As I was putting on my mascara he coughed and I turned to him and said "Goodness".  I turned back around to continue my mascara and heard what sounded like a pitiful attempt at a cough.  When I turned to say "Excuse you" he smiled from ear to ear.  And that was when he discovered the power of his cough.  He knows it will get mommy's attention no matter what she is doing (and right now I LOVE that he wants my attention because in 15 years, that might not be the case anymore).

6. Any time he smiles at me.  There isn't much to say other than it warms my heart every time.  I know that I will never, ever get tired of his sweet smile.

Here are some pictures of how H D has grown over the past six months....


One Day

One Month

Two Months

Three Months

Four Months

Five Months

And how did we celebrate six months?  Sweet potatoes, of course!!