Here I am with both of my babies, Harrison (left) and Harper (right), at 24 weeks. I was curious how I compared in size because I feel smaller so far with Harper....and I am hoping that means I do not have another 9lb baby. Here are some things I have noticed about my pregnancies:
- I was much more sick with Harper than Harrison (Harper required daily Zofran for 3 weeks)
- I have gained less weight this time around (at this point with Harrison I had gained 26lbs...so far I have only gained 12 with Harper)
- I have not started swelling....yet :) With Harrison, my coworkers joked that I was baking bread in my shoes (and that probably had something to do with me wearing heels until I was 8 months pregnant!)
- With Harrison I had a MAJOR milk craving. I drank almost a half a gallon a day. With Harper, no cravings as strong, but I do eat a lot of cottage cheese and pineapples.
- Harper seems to be just as active as her brother. Her kicks are just as strong and frequent, but I felt her much later than Harrison. I felt Harrison at 14 weeks, but did not feel Harper until 19.
- My hair....oh man. With both pregnancy my hair almost doubled in thickness. I get so many compliments, but it is so much harder to manage.
- With Harrison my skin was perfect. I was even told I had that "Glow". With Harper, I can not live without my MAC Studio Fix powder. My face does not know how to handle all of this estrogen!
- Charlie Horses come with both girls and boys I have learned :(
- Decorating a room for a little girl was much more "stressful" than a boy. Too many possibilities.
- I have been sleeping great....but that didn't really come into to play with Harrison until week 34 or so.
- I am not as anxious this time around. Especially about the delivery. With Harrison I did not know what to expect. With Harper, I am having a scheduled c-section (not by choice, but because my delivery with Harrison required an emergency c-section) so there will be no unknowns to stress over.
- Time is flying by with the second pregnancy. It is so hard for me to believe that I will be 7 months next week!!
Even though I am loving this pregnancy, I can not wait for her to make her grand debut. I am so excited to add this little life to our family and see the joy she adds to our lives. I could not be more thrilled that Harrison will be a big brother. I can not wait to watch the love of this brother and sister blossom and grow over a lifetime together. It is my prayer that they will love and protect each other. Be there for one another, especially when Matt and I will no longer be. Be friends, sharing a lifetime of laughs and memories. I know the joy my sisters have brought to my life, and I can only pray that my children will be able to experience that kind of love and friendship.