Sunday, August 7, 2011

First of many....hopefully


Today I was in Harrison's bedroom putting away his laundry.  As I sorted his jammies from his shirts and shorts I looked over and watched him play with his "dutch" (trucks).  He lined up each dutch and one by one he made them all crash off of his train table.  He was concentrating so hard, and I was smiling as I listened to the sound effects of the crash and fall of each "dutch".  In the middle of tending to his 8 car pile up, he looked up at me and said "Wuv you momma".  My eyes stung immediately.  Did my little boy really just tell me he loved me?  He had never done this before, not without me saying it first.  That was a precious few seconds that I will cherish the rest of my life.  My son, my baby boy, telling me he loved me for the very first time.  I wonder if my heart will swell this much every time he tells me he loves me.